Anaconda-Deer Lodge County Clean Up Campaign
Have you been looking for a way to give back to your community? Then the Adopt-A-Lot event may be for you! For over a dedicate now, the citizens and the community’s civic groups of Deer Lodge County have participated in the annual Adopt-a-Lot program. A list of county properties have been identified as needing spring cleaning.
How can you get involved? By calling the Chamber of Commerce. Staff at the Chamber will let you know what areas need to be cleaned. You can choose a location from the list or add one, its up to you! Get your friends, family, children clubs, neighborhoods involved. Garbage bags and gloves can be picked up at the Chamber Visitor Center. Monday – Friday, 9:00am to 4:30pm.
Where do I dispose of the garbage collected from my adopt a lot?
Dumpsters will be at the West Valley, Lost Creek and Opportunity Fire Departments from 9am-1:
Saturday, April 10th, and Saturday, April 17th.
Garbage and debris collected from the adopt-a-lot event can be brought to the Anaconda Landfill.
What items are accepted at the landfill?
- LARGE ITEM DISPOSAL: A dumpster is available for couches carpet, mattresses, and large items.
- METAL RECYCLING: Appliances and other metals can be brought to the landfill anytime of the year. ( no refrigerators or freezer)
- CARDBOARD RECYCLING: All boxes need to be flattened and only raw cardboard without the colored, slick coating will be accepted.
- ALUMINUM CAN RECYCLING: Pot and beer cans. No steel or tin cans.
- Grass, untreated wood, car batteries and tires (disposal fees based on the size of tire.